Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ryelle's First Birthday Party!!

Since we moved to Utah I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do for Ryelle's first birthday. Fortunately I have met some of Angela's great friends who also have kid's so we decided to invite them over for a little bit of an informal birthday party/play date. The morning of the big day friends would be coming over at 2:30pm and I still had allot to do, so I started getting Ryelle ready. I gave her a bath, fixed her hair, gave her a bottle and her blankie, and popped in one of her favorite Baby Einstein movies so I could finish getting things done. Instead of making a cake I found a recipe for Lady Bug Cupcakes and Pink Lemonade on Martha Stewart's website, Angela made her favorite homemade strawberry ice cream. Unfortunately I am not Martha Stewart so they didn't turn out exactly the way I had envisioned them to be. Oh, well the kids still loved them just the same and the other mom's were excited that it wasn't funfetti cake. By the end of the night Ryelle had gone through three outfit's before I got her into pajama's. All in all it was a really fun day.












On side note as we were standing in Wal-Mart a few days before Ryelle's party Angela turned to me and said "It kills me that never put any bows in Ryelle's hair" well what can I say it's already a choir just to put a ponytail in her hair. The kid has a melt down every time I get the spray bottle out to wet her hair down because she knows what's coming. So In the bottom picture you can see that Ryelle received bows for her hair. Guess what she looked at them and then threw them on the ground.






1 comment:

Stan and Lucy said...

Happy Birthday Ryelle, I can't believe she is already 1!! She is so cute and so happy!! Glad all is going well down there!
Love you both,
Aunt Lucy